Children’s Emergency Dental Clinic
Tender Care When the Unexpected Happens
Kids are so exuberant! Running, jumping, slipping, and sliding. Sometimes this exuberance can lead to accidents.
Emergencies happen. When they do, it’s nice to relax in the fact that your child will be treated with an extra measure of care and compassion. The best thing to do is to stay as calm as possible, talk to your child, and call Children’s Dental Professionals as soon as possible.
Emergencies That Require an Immediate Call:
- A knocked out tooth or teeth
- Swollen cheeks, face, or eyes
- Tooth pushed into the gums from a fall or other trauma
If a permanent tooth is knocked out, please follow these instructions. We may be able to save the tooth – but every minute counts!
- Find the tooth.
- Hold the tooth by the crown, not the root. Rinse it with milk.
- Try to replace the tooth into the socket.
- Have your child hold the tooth in place by closing his or her mouth on a gauze pad or washcloth.
- If it is not possible to replace the tooth, place the tooth in a cup of milk.
- Call Children’s Dental Professionals immediately.