Wichita Digital X-Rays & Dental Exams
Better Health Through Prevention
Kids have the best smiles, and we want those smiles to last a lifetime…and starting dental visits early is one of the keys to oral health!
Exams Are Important!
Our doctors believe that preventive care should start with the arrival of the first tooth – this is central to keeping young smiles in their strongest natural condition! We recommend that you bring your child to see us around their first birthday and that visits be scheduled every six months.
Why Early Prevention is so Crucial
Early prevention helps provide parents and children with education about brushing, flossing, and nutrition. Beginning early can help us discover dental concerns that may help you save time and expense.
During our dental exams we will be evaluating:
- Overall growth and health of your child.
- Oral hygiene and gum health.
- Bone development.
- Jaw joint movement.
- Bite function and tooth alignment.
- Keeping kids’ mouths healthy can even help improve their overall health and performance in school!
Digital x-rays work as educational tools to allow you and your child to see what is going on right along with our doctors. X-rays are necessary to evaluate your child’s development and to look for cavities. Our team will assess the right time to take x-rays on your child based on specific pediatric dentistry guidelines.
Our doctors recommend having x-rays of your child’s teeth taken at least once per year. We use state-of-the-art digital films that have very little radiation, and we only take the films needed to provide a comprehensive exam of your child.
One of our most helpful diagnostic tools is the panoramic x-ray.
This helps us:
- Look for extra or missing teeth.
- Identify teeth in the wrong position.
- Evaluate for abnormal structures such as cysts or tumors.
- Gauge the health of the jaw joint.
- Assess the need for braces.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Keeping teeth and gums clean and free of bacteria, plaque, tartar, and other buildup is a big part of keeping smiles healthy for life. That’s why we encourage consistent and regularly scheduled visits.
During these visits, we will:
- Examine and evaluate the health of your child’s mouth, teeth, and gums.
- Thoroughly clean teeth to remove plaque or calculus (tartar).
- Polish the teeth to remove stains or discoloration.
- Your child will leave with a bright smile he or she can be proud of.
Call for more information about how our dental exams can help your kids keep smiling. Schedule a visit with us today!