We celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month each February and strive to raise awareness of how important proper dental care is for kids. At our Wichita pediatric dental office, this is a cause that’s close to our hearts, and to honor it, we’d like to provide you with several ways to make dentistry fun for your kids.
The 2015 Children’s Dental Health Month campaign slogan is “Defeat Monster Mouth.” It even has its own mascot crew of Plaqster the Monster and his friends. There are a variety of fun activities that you can try with your kids to “Defeat Monster Mouth” while learning about the importance of good oral health.
Some of the activities include:
- An Introductory Story About Plaqster
- Coloring Sheets
- Connect the Dots Puzzles
- Word Search and Word Scramble
- And Much More!
Your child can even be awarded an official “Defeat Monster Mouth” certificate! It’s all available at the American Dental Association (ADA) website right here http://www.ada.org/en/public-programs/national-childrens-dental-health-month/.
Want even more ways to show your little ones how fun it can be to take care of their teeth? We’ve got even more great ideas!
- Brushing Chart. With Stickers! Help keep track of brushing with a colorful chart and stickers of their choice.
- Use the Tube. YouTube That Is! There are tons of videos on YouTube that cover a variety of topics from how to brush your teeth to the history of the tooth fairy and everything in between.
- Hit Up the Library. A book can capture attention and not only help your child learn about oral health, but also works to brush up their reading and comprehension skills.
Reports show that American children miss 51 million hours of school each year because of oral health problems. Help keep your child in school. Make dental care and learning the importance of proper oral hygiene fun by following the tips above. Need some more motivation? Give our pediatric dental office in Wichita a call. We’re always here to help.
Welcoming patients from Wichita, Maize, and Goddard.